The Carlow Writers’ Co-operative is looking for new members.
We meet fortnightly in Carlow Town where every member brings a poem or short piece of prose for critiquing. While we have lots of fun, it is a serious writing group where members are expected to bring a piece of writing each session. A number of our members are published nationally and internationally.
If you are interested in joining our group, we are accepting submissions of poetry and prose this September 2021. Please read our guidelines before you submit.
- Please send us either 3 of your best poems OR your best piece of prose. Poems should be no more than 40 lines long and the Prose piece should be no longer than 2,000 words.
- You should submit only one document: your submission piece.
- All submissions will be read “blind” so please do not add your name to the submission piece.
- We welcome submissions from people aged 18 or over, from all backgrounds and cultures.
- While we would love to admit all people that submit to the group, we have very limited numbers. Judgements will be made by a three-person committee and will be based solely on the work submitted.
- Please note that you must be available to meet on Monday evenings from 7:30pm to 10pm. While a very friendly group, critiquing is honest but supportive. We would hope that every member of the group would have the ambition to publish their work.
- It goes without saying that submissions must not contain any offensive material.